SIGN UP, SAVE ENERGY, AND EARN CASH
Run by Franklin Energy Services, GWP’s Peak Savings Program makes it easy for you to conserve energy and save money on your utility bill. Participation perks include a $50 annual incentive bonus, discounts on energy-saving products in the online marketplace, and more!
HERE’S HOW IT WORKS
- Purchase and install a qualifying smart thermostat in your home. Both tenants* and homeowners, no matter how much energy you use, qualify!
- Complete your enrollment by following steps specific to your thermostat's manufacturer, found here.
- The Peak Savings Program syncs with your smart thermostat to understand what keeps you comfortable and how your home uses energy.
- On very hot days when demand for energy peaks, the program may schedule a Peak Event. You are notified of these events 24+ hours in advance by e-mail.
- Prior to the event, your smart thermostat automatically pre-cools your home to ensure your comfort, then lowers your energy usage slightly during the peak period to conserve energy.
- Events trigger a temperature change of no more than three degrees and the event will last up to four hours.
- Your smart thermostat adjusts back to your preprogrammed cooling settings once the event is completed.
- You have the choice to opt out of any event−though doing so multiple times may end your program enrollment.